Project Goal: Increased Transparency, Accountability and responsiveness in Forest Governance
- Improvements in responsiveness by forest sector responsible government bodies.
- Strong partnerships and effective coordination between ACCU and forest sector CSOs at local and national level.
Operational areas: Kibaale,Kyenjojo,Hoima,Mubende,Kyegegwa districts
- Care International in Uganda
- Joint Effort to Save the Environment (JESE)
- Rwenzori Anticorruption Coalitions (RAC)
- PANOS Eastern Africa
- Advocates coalition for development and environment(ACODE)
- Environmental Alert(EA)
- Mid western RegionAnti corruption coalition(MIRAC)
- Donor :Care International In Uganda
- Community based monitoring using ICT
- Strategic Partnerships
- Public accountability forums
Project Duration: 3 Years July 2013 to July 2016
Project Publications and Research:
- Extent, Manifestation and implications of corruption in the forestry sector
- Forest resources at stake; who should take responsibility?
- Voices on Forestry and Wildlife
- Global warming; Walk the talk
- Forest resources at stake; Is it a Governance or Management question?
Ephrance Nakiyingi: Project Manager