Project: Water governance
Ultimate vision for the project: Strengthening citizen’s capacity and voice to demand for transparency and accountability in water service delivery.
- To generate user friendly information for community water governance in four districts (Oyam, Kole, Amuria and Kumi).
- To enhance citizens awareness on their rights to access clean water
Expected project results:
- Increased public awareness on access to safe and clean water.
- Increased community ownership and monitoring of water sources.
- Active and functional water user committees
- Duty bearers delivering efficient, effective and timely water services in four selected districts of Oyam,Kole, Amuria and Kumi
Expected development impact:
- Improved water service delivery, accessibility to clean and safe water by citizens in addition to sustainability of water sources.
Core project activities:
- Conducting continuous assessment to determine the location of all the water facilities, their functionality, the communities’ level of awareness and the budget allocation for the sector at district level.
- Disseminate the information to the community using different channels and in different languages.
- Carry out media campaigns on both print and radio for purposes of disseminating the relevant information the masses.
- Holding public dialogue meetings
- Conducting radio talk shows on local radio’s
- Pulpit advocacy at places of worship/churches
- Developing IEC materials that will be translated in the different languages and shared in the community
- Publicizing information on issues of water governance through:-
– Community monitoring of water sources
Project duration: 6 Months (July- December 2014)